Friday, March 22, 2013

Just had to share this rug

You know how there are some rugs that just make you smile? Well, this is one of those rugs for me. This is my version of the antique rug. 

I don't know what it is about this rug but it just makes me happy. 

Maybe it's the asymmetrical composition of this rug?

The colors? 
 
Or the simplicity of the rug?

 
Recently, a customer asked me to make a kit of this rug for her. As I had only needlepunched this design, I had to hook it quickly so that I could prepare the kit for her.  Below is the antique rug. 
 
My rendition in Needle Punch.....

  
  I was able to hook the pattern, which is 22 x 22", by using the Amy Oxford punch needle in only 5 days.  Thanks for stopping by, Maria

********   UPDATE   *******
I have several inquiries about the cost of the kit and it is $160 plus shipping.

 
   




 

11 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

Maria,
I love your rug better than my interpretation! Wonderful colors and shading. You are fast with the puncher!
Hugs, Lori

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Maria,
I'd like to order this kit. Is it #8 strips? How much will the shipping be to Tipp City, Ohio 45371? I'll send you out a check tomorrow, or do you do paypal?
Thanks,
Melinda Cole

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Maria,
I'd like to order this kit. Is it #8 strips? How much will the shipping be to Tipp City, Ohio 45371? I'll send you out a check tomorrow, or do you do paypal?
Thanks,
Melinda Cole

Gayle said...

That IS a great rug design - it really looks old the way you've made it.

I just tried using my new Oxford punch needle the other day and I have a question you might be able to answer for me - it seems like the ends of the wool strips want to stay on the back (wrong) side of my foundation - is this the way it's supposed to be? Or should I pull them through to the front and trim them off like when I hook a rug?

Thanks!

The Wool Cupboard said...


Maria,
I LOVE your version of this wonderful antique rug! BEAUTIFUL.

Linda

Maria said...

Melinda, I'll send you an email as well but if you see this shipping is $15. Maria

Maria said...

Gayle,
Let me share a little trick I picked up along the way. When you put the punch needle in each time keep your thumb on the end of the hook on top of the wool. This will make the strip end appear on the reverse side. FOr the tail, I just pull it through everytime I finish a strip. Hope this helps. Maria

Maria said...

Lori, Your version is terrific as well! :) Maria

Maria said...

Melinda, I hooked it in #8 and can strip it for you if you like and yes I do paypal but can't send an invoice until Sunday night as I am out of town and on a public internet. Maria

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Maria, I see your answer to my comment. Whichever you prefer, I can mail you a check or do paypal. Up to you. Thanks, Melinda

And, no, you don't have to strip it for me.

Kris Miller said...

Looks great Maria, hope you sell a lot of kits.
Cheers, Kris