Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I'm working on Wednesday.......

Two posts in one day....now that has to be a first. I just snapped this picture to share with you. It has been on my stack of designs to hook for a while and with Presidents Day right around the corner, I thought I better get a hooking!



Oh, and if you didn't know it is a pattern, of George Washington. I think I'm going to call this pattern/rug, "Never Tell a Lie". After snapping this photo, I did notice a few things about the rug. One, I need to work on the buttons on the white shirt. Something is not working with it as hooked. Next, was George Washington this angry looking? May have to do a little research on that and rehook the face.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'd love feedback and constructive criticism on George. Maria

11 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute. It must have been a whopper of a lie because he does look very mad. But I think that is the charm of the piece.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

what a sweet pattern Maria! I actually like the little smirk on his face ;). I think his look is coming from his eyebrows.

acorn hollow said...

I can not tell a lie he is cute
Cathy

my3Kitties said...

I like George's face as you have it hooked...it fits the title well, maybe he got caught in that lie telling???? Happy hooking, love your stuff!

pussman and co said...

I love it a lot!
So funny !

pussman and co said...

I love it a lot!
So funny !

Anonymous said...

I knew immediately when your site opened that it was George Washington...so the face must be OK (well for me anyway...LOL). President Washington did have kind of a different facial expression...sometimes explained as his ill fitting dentures.

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

I like many other people love your style girl.

Cathy G. said...

Yep, he looks like he's ready to go hatchet down that ole' cherry tree! Great design! I love him!
Cathy G

Anonymous said...

I think he looks "presidential" rather than angry! Is there a portrait of him smiling? Didn't he have painful false teeth? That would make him look stern rather than happy. I can't believe you are hooking a president! How funny!

Unknown said...

Don't change ol George. I'm sure he had this look many times! DeEtta