Sunday, January 24, 2010

A NEW BUT OLD RUG

I hooked this rug a few years ago but never added it to my website. Not sure why? I think I just forgot about it. It is patterned off of an antique butter mold. Thought I would share it with you as it is perfect for Valentines Day. Photobucket
This rug reminds me of my first rug camp at Barbara Carroll's house. What a wonderful time I had. I used the leftover wool from my project for the star and hearts. Check out Barbara Carroll's home page to her website. When I was at camp, Barb always used the phrase "cool beans" which tickled me so.....So, I hooked a little mat that said cool beans on it for her using the leftover wool from the project. Here is the link so you can see the mat. www.woolleyfox.com Maria

3 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love your heart mat and I'm sure Barb's Cool Beans rug is one of her favs!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

I love your rug Maria!! Love seeing all your hooked rugs!!

bittersweet said...

Neat rug Maria, I saw the Cool Beans on her site the other day and wondered where that came from, now I know. You are just full of good ideas. Bet she was pleased.