Sunday, May 10, 2009

A few of my favorite things!

I'm working hard on a new rug to show everyone but it is so big that I fear I will never finish. In the meantime, I thought I would share a few of my favorite pieces of folkart and antiques I have around the house...You know, the pieces that make you smile everytime you see them. And this just happens to be one of my favorite pieces of folkart. Last summer, I stumbled across this folk artist who makes pieces of art out of tools and such. This cat is made out of a hammer, screwdriver, funnel, spoon, piece of leather for the ears, and his head is a piece of wood that came from a campfire. Just delightful! Behind the cat is a fun little bike wheel. Love the graphic element that it adds to the decor.


Here you can see the hammer, screwdriver and spoon holding his head up!
Happy Mother's day to all. Maria

4 comments:

Brenis said...

Oooh how FUN is he?!?!? :D I love unique stuff like that! c'mon girl, hook faster!! LOL

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Now that's some funky kitty kat!!!
And true folk art!! Anxious to see this big rug you're talking about!

Jacque. said...

Anxious to see what you're working on. Love the cat...how unique!

Tammy Burks said...

Maria,
That is so cool! I can see why it makes you smile every time you see it!