Sunday, March 16, 2008

Here are some pictures of another completed rug

Several posts ago, I promised to work on my unfinished projects and hoped to get one done each week. I have fallen a little short of that goal but did manage to complete another one this weekend. With this rug, I have completed four rugs with many more to come. This is probably one of my favorite rugs. The background is wonderful. I used only wools from my scrap basket and tried to keep the colors similar in color value by using what I call neutrals and light colors. You'll see blue, grey, beige, cream, pink, yellow, and green wools in the background if you look closely. It is very colorful but blends beautifully. The background reminds me of one of Kelley Belfast's backgrounds. I've posted many pictures of the background so you can see all the different colors of wool used in it.
This pattern is one of Sally Kallin's from Pine Island Primitives. It was a free pattern insert in Rug Hooking Magazine several years ago. I'm partial to this pattern as my nickname at work is Eagle. Maria

6 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love this rug Maria. The background is fabulous. Thanks for showing so many pics of it. Keep hooking girl! Love seeing all the rugs you are finishing.

Lori (homespunprimsbylori)

Brenis said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I love doing backgrounds like that! Wow Maria, i'm really impressed at how many rugs you are finishing!! And they're all fabulous! Keep it up girl!!
xo
Bren

primitivebettys said...

How is it that every rug you do is better than the one before?! STUNNING!

Maria said...

Lori, Bren and Betty, Thanks for all the nice comments. I started this rug over 2 years ago before I started hooking with a wider cut. This was hooked with an 8 cut so it was a little challenging returning to the smaller width. I love the background and will try another rug using this method. Actually, it was just scraps from my worm basket...how cool is that! Maria

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

maria ~ your hooking is gorgeous!!! i do love your background ~ i wouldn't have thought to use all those pastels ~ beautiful!! thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

All your rugs are stunning Maria
I love the background, just gorgeous.